Tuesday, August 11, 2009

So it has been awhile... a couple months in fact. And here I am, sitting here three days from leaving this continent, and there is still so much to do. Exchange money, pack, notify people who need notified, say bye, pack some more, lose sleep because I keep having weird dreams in which I forget my bath towels and somehow think this is a huge deal... I have all these things to do, and I am sitting here writing... I guess it comes down to priorities, you know? It's as if, I have all these things to do and not enough time to do them that I am going to explode one way or the other, so I may as well take the time to document it... This is probably the one moment in the day when I am completely alone in my parents house-- this is a rare occurrence-- so I am taking advantage of it.

The word surreal is being thrown around a lot in my world right now. Every time people ask me, "are you ready?", "How does it feel?", I tell them, this is about as surreal as it has ever been for me. It hasn't set in. I have gone through the steps to insure that I can make this trip happen, but it still is not real to me yet... it's surreal.

Anyway, this is probably my last post for awhile on this medium. I am writing for the ESU bulletin starting next week, so when I have the URL for that I will post it on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment